Tuesday, June 30, 2015

When You Don't Get What You Want / part three


"Every time you speak out, and say the words I need to hear.
Every time you reach out, I can feel His love so near. 
I hope you know. to me you are, the hands of God."


-Francesca Battistelli // Hands of God


I wanted to talk about them. 

I wanted to make this post about my support system. The people in my life have shaped who I am today. And they continue to shape me. I couldn't be a lone ranger. I couldn't up and chase every dream because they wouldn't be going with me. And I need them with me. 

A little fact about me is that I'm not good at asking for help. Letting my walls down and letting people see the weak parts of me isn't something I'm good at. But praise God I have friends who don't let me go through life alone. They help me stand on my feet. They pry my walls down. And I'm forever grateful for it. 

I don't have to tell you that life gets messy. You already know this. And messy can turn to scary oh so fast. You can blink and blam...things are up in flames. And the easiest path is running away from the fire. But they didn't run. They may have been clueless on what to do, what to say, how to act around me or whatever. But they carried the weight on my shoulders, because I couldn't on my own. 

The bond between fellow Christians is something amazing. Not only does God go with us through this life, guiding us and protecting us, but He also gives us brothers and sisters in Himself. He gives us a family that is closer than blood. People to lift our arms when we can't. Just like when Moses needed his arms lifted. People to share life with, through the good times and the bad. People who look past our flaws and shortcomings and love us anyway. Not perfect people. But people chosen of God. 

So I encourage anyone who is stuck between a rock and a hard place to remember your support system. Don't think that you have to carry burdens alone. Because you don't. If you need help, ask. Sometimes asking requires you to lay down your pride and be humble enough to appear weak before others. Because we all are weak. No one is superhuman and able to solve all their problems by themselves. No one has everything "figured out". Such blessings come from fellow believers and fellowship with them. You never know how a friend's advice might help you. There are things my friends have shared with me that I will always remember. And also, be the friend to listen when its someone else's turn to need help. Share each other's burdens. It's not always easy, well honestly, its rarely easy. But it is worth it. 


This post is a thank you to all my supporters. And I love you all. 




To be continued. 




V 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! :)