Monday, February 2, 2015

Turn weekdays into Sundays


What do I choose over God everyday? 
We all choose things or people over God. I know I do. This is something that God has really been showing me these days. What do I love most? Or who do I love most? 
Myself would be the answer when I'm not putting God first. 
How many times a day do I put something before God? Many times. I choose myself over God. I pick selfishness and my own wants over my Maker. 
What a shame this is. And how dishonoring to my Savior. 

God needs to come first. He must come first. Because if we put anything else before Him, we are shoving Him away. Like serving or praising God is a chore and it annoys us. 
Even if what we put before God is good things, like school or friends or family or work. It doesn't matter what it is, but we valued it more than our Creator. 

God's been showing me that I need to be all in. Not going halfway with my Bible reading or prayer time. Serving Him with all of me. To do more than just show up. To really strive in my walk and really know God. These things aren't easy. They go against my flesh and all my human nature. And I fail, I'm not perfect. But God is. He is not just my God but my closest friend. And if He loves me with a perfect love, than I must love Him back with everything inside me. 

"Who is the man that fears the Lord? Him will he instruct in the way that he should chose." 
- Psalms 25:12

"Have your heart right with Christ, and he will visit you often, and so turn weekdays into Sundays, meals into sacraments, homes into temples, and earth into Heaven."
- Charles Spurgeon 


V

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! :)