Thursday, July 17, 2014

fleeting beauties


Here I am, sitting in front of my family's woodstove (which obviously isn't in use). I'm scrolling through some beach wedding photos taken by an amazing photographer, and as I see the bride's bouquet I start thinking and end up with this thought. Or a thought similar, my memory's not that great. :)

Flowers are so beautiful but yet they die. We use them for a little while but they don't last forever. 

And I was so inspired I started writing this here post.   

Flower start out as seeds, just little things that are barely anything. But with soil, water, and sun they grow. And as they grow they begin to bloom. And their beauty unfolds. Some live for years while others only for a season. They are grown, sold, re-planted and sometimes abandoned. 

Sounds a lot like people. We start out so tiny yet so alive, amazing creations that only a King could make. But with His care we grow and grow. And we always need food, water, love, sunlight, and more. And our beauty blooms, God's most magnificent creation. Made in His own image. 
But we don't get the same care from other people like we do from God. Like the flower, we are cut, hurt, abandoned, left behind, torn up, and broken. 

And like the flower, we do not last forever. We live and we die. But there is a difference between the flower and the person. And that is the person has hope. Hope, if they surrender to their Maker. 
There's is no hope for the flower, its beauty will grown and then fade out. Alive for a season and never returning for the next. 

My point I guess is that don't live your life like the flower. Hopeless and without escape. God has made a way of escape for His most loved creation. His death on the cross has paid the debt for our sins. And we must repent and believe. 

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

-Matthew 11:28-30

"The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word our God shall stand for ever."

-Isaiah 40:8
  

V

Find this here.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, everything about this post. I absolutely love that flower picture. Gorgeous. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! :)