Thursday, December 12, 2013

Ad·ven·ture // Part One


Ad-ven-ture
"an unusual and exciting, typically hazardous experience or activity"

I've had a lot of good times. So many summer memories and winter snowball fights. I've been blessed with an awesome family and loving friends. But this year was one of the craziest. I did things I never thought I'd do and have grow stronger. And I've been planning to do a blog post about my adventures this year. So here's part one. 

"Adventure is worthwhile in itself." 
-Amelia Earhart 

-> Chopping my hair off. 

So I technically I did this December of 2012 but I'm still counting it because it was in 2013 that I had it. Yes, I had 10 inches of my thick, curly, crazy hair chopped off. I had been so tired of my long hair and needed a change. And boy, has it been growing back super fast. But I'm loving it right now. Then again, I change my mind about my hair like everyday. 


-> Piercing my ears. 

Not really much to add to this one. Haha, pretty much that's it. I got my ears pierced (no, I did not do it myself, never). And I love them. So much. :) 


 -> Singing in a talent show

My bestie Adrienne and I sang Before The Throne of God for a talent show through our 4H. It was nerve-wrecking but awesome. And we placed 3 in one of the categories! Adrienne has a beautiful voice and singing with her is so much fun. And the sad part is, that I don't have any photos of it. *Tears*. 

-> Going to physical therapy and wearing an ankle brace for 3 weeks

Um, yeah. I have issues with forever spraining and injuring my ankles. And this time, it was so bad that I had to wear a brace. And I'm going to have to go back because I sprained it again a while ago. Like I said. I have issues. 
See it? 

-> Driving with my brother alone. 

Alone, for the first time. I was scared, I think, I can't really remember. But now, I feel fine with him driving. And it's fun when it's just us. Because my big brother is my buddy. The scary part is that now I could drive, if I wanted to. Eek! 


-> Going to a movie by ourselves. 

Caleb and I took our little brothers Jonny and Timmy to see Despicable Me 2 in July. Caleb drove, I took iPod videos of the boys reaction. And we had an awesome time. But it was the first time that I had to be the one of the "adults". Responsibility is something I'm learning. Even if I'm still unsure about growing up. 


-> Quitting piano after 8 years. 

/This one was hard. I love music and writing songs, but piano had grown more work than something I was passionate about. I still play of course, I mean 8 years (or 7, I'm not sure) is something no one can erase. And my teachers are so talented and they taught me so much. 

Okay so this is the end of part one. But part two will be here soon. 

Loves. 

Victoria

2 comments:

  1. I love this. <3 I took a picture of you and Adrienne singing at the talent show. If you would've told me, I could have let you use it. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leah! Oh, it's fine, I really wanted to post it and decided to not think about the photo. :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! :)