Tuesday, February 12, 2013

As I look at the Sky


 God's beautiful skies that always take my breath away. I can remember always loving the sky so much, it's amazing blue. Its clouds that are ever changing. I've always loved the clouds. Their so big and fluffy or wispy. Or their dark and heavy with rain. 
I love to look up and see the snow falling from the sky. Just floating down. So slowly, like they have all the time in the world. The clouds, the raindrops and the snow don't have any troubles. And I wish I could be like them. Just float in God's love. Just twirl when it's raining. Like my little brothers right now. Their just spinning and smiling. Timmy's robe is swirling around his legs, and Seth is trying to go fast. 
Their lives are so simple and their troubles are so small. And they forget. That was the best part of being a kid. You forgot. You could push it out of your mind, and forgive so easily, you were mad for a moment and then back to being best friends. Now I can be angry and bitter for what seems so long. And I never forget, I drag it out. I used to be good at surrendering (or maybe not), but it's like years of living and trying so hard made me stubborn. I made my stubborn. 
My foolish heart and sinful ways made me the bitter, angry girl that I am when I run from God. When I run from Him. But I can't hide from Him. And He doesn't stop pulling me back to Him. So even though my problems seem bigger than ever and I want to go back in time to the nine year old me, I'm still His. And I have to try to do my best to love Him back. Because after all, He's my redeemer. I have to trust in His ways and surrender everyday. I have to die everyday. All for Him, my Savior.

What you see when you look at the sky?











8 comments:

  1. When I look at the sky, I always think of how blessed I am and all the beauty God has created. This is such a great post, Victoria. You are always so inspiring. I always love reading your thoughts and wisdom.

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last three are AWESOME! love your words, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sky is GORGEOUS. "The heavens declare..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. This morning I looked up at the sky, so blue and clear, and gasped. It was so amazingly lovely. My heart jumped for joy at the glory of our Creator. You are a wonderful writer.
    The pictures of you are adorable. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all. Your comments made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so beautiful. Your pictures are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah the sky is so blue! lovely pictures! and you are so adorable! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! :)