Saturday, September 29, 2012

These Are The Things That Make Us Feel Alive: Family Camp- September 2012


Through the window
I see you waiting
You are smiling
Cause I'm coming
Your eyes are a story
An ocean of memories
Pictures of faces and places
And all of the things
That make us feel like we have it all

All of the times

That make us realize
We have it all
We have it all

Life is beautiful

Life is beautiful

Living and dying

Laughing or crying
If we have the whole world or have nothing
I know there are long nights
But we'll make it
With every sunrise comes a new light
And all of the things
That make us feel like we have it all

All of the times

That make us realize
We have it all
We have it all

Life is beautiful

Life is beautiful
Life is beautiful


"Life Is Beautiful" By The Afters

Every year, I go the same place. Same time in September. And for most of those years it was pretty much the same. But these past couple of years it has changed. But this year it was like a new time.
Family Camp is a happy place. A fun place. With a creek, waterfall, trails, volleyball courts, tennis courts, huge field, firetower, and a basketball court. You get the point. There's a ton to do.
But this year was like a new adventure. New people came, well not new, but people I hadn't see in forever. :) Loves them. I got to see my beautiful friends Haley, Rachel, and Sara. I hung out with my friends I've know forever. I got a ton of photos.
 
That song by The Afters reminds me of how good I have it. And how so many things much me feel alive. Watching my little brothers climb trees. Listening to my dad sing. Hugging my cousins. Laughing with my besties. Meeting new people, going places. God's love and creation.
And looking back at camp I realized I have it all. We have it all.
Being with everyone at camp, all those that I love showed me that this is God meant when He said He'd never leave or forsake me. This is what He meant when He commanded us to live. This is why He died. So we could live.
I don't want to spend my whole life wondering what I could've done. Wondering if there was more, but being too afraid to go get it.
If you want something in life, go get it. If God's calling you to something, go get it. Go run your race, cause if you're a Christian, you have nothing to lose. You already have it all.






























XOXOXO.

Vicky

5 comments:

  1. I just went camping with my family, but my pictures aren't half as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you all had a blast!
    Wonderful shots my friend! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my you have so many good ones! Love especially the ones of Haley, I got a couple of her, but they weren't very good.
    Had so much fun:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! :)