Thursday, September 13, 2012

Redeemed: All the Same

A thousand voices A thousand lives A thousand prayers rise in the night   
What is it we seek? So many stories Lord, I hear.  
And all these questions in my ear. Can we come out clean?   
Different faces, Different fears, Different failures lead us here Show us how  

We're all the same Desperate for a change We're all the same  
We need your love We need your love
 

We take our secrets To the grave. Spend our lives out in the shame.  
Afraid to show our needs. But as we run our hands Along these scars.   
May they tell us who we are. We are the redeemed

Lyrics from "All The Same" By Tenth Avenue North


Redeemed. Loved. Saved. So many ways to describe a Christian. These lyrics have really been on my heart. And they're so true. We all do have different fears and struggles. But we're all desperate for love, for God. And how many of us have secrets. I know I do. And I know you do. But we can't live in our secrets, we can't hide in our shame. So many times I've looked at my scars and my failures, and I've thought "I'm so unclean." And it's true. I'm filthy. Dirty. Wrenched. But that's not what defines me. 
Because of it did, then I wouldn't make it to Heaven. None of us would. 

God defines me. Without Him, I would be nothing. Empty. I'd be the dust blowing in the wind. Never knowing love or joy. And it's that true of all of us. I think so many times, we get too caught up in what people shouldn't do, or what they're doing wrong. We do this all the same. When we're so stuck up to look at our own lives and see the darkness there. We're all the same. All true Christians are the same. 
I may believe something a bit different from you but it that a reason to block you out? No. 

God says that there's none righteous, no not one. No one's perfect, or just right, or have it all together. But I treat people like they the mess-ups and I'm the know it all. When did I forget where I came from? Because I'm just as much a sinner to this day as the most random man on the street is. And I'm just as much filthy as the kindest person in the world. 

God has really been showing me this lately. Showing me to treat others as I want to be treated. And remember that God is the one that people have to answer too, not me. I'm not the judge, I'm not God. 
So I can not act like I am. 

All the same. All so needy for love. And we have it. Don't we? Come on christian, why are you so down? Why do you think that life served you the wrong hand. Or that you got cheated out? God's a god a love. He loves you. And yet when I complain I don't think about that. I get so caught up in my own little world that I'm blind to the lost. 
I have nothing to complain about. Sure life may get hard. I may fall down. But I have a loving Father. And there's so many people in this world that don't. 

 What if there's a bigger picture
what if I'm missing out
What if there's a greater purpose
I could be living right now
outside my own little world
Start breaking my heart for what breaks Yours
give me open hands and open doors
put Your light in my eyes and let me see
that my own little world is not about me


Lyrics From "My Own Little World" By Matthew West

We are the redeemed. We have a wonderful, beautiful story to share. We are the saved. So we need to act like it. 

Oh dearest christian. Please understand this. 
God rescued you not because you deserved it. But because you didn't. God's not a respecter of persons. 

-Victoria 


     

4 comments:

  1. Amen!! Lovely, thanks for the reminder dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister! When I read this, I thought about Brandon Heath's song 'Give Me Your Eyes'. Because we are all too often blinded by our own fears, problems and insecurities to look around and see that so is everyone else. It's a sad and vicious cycle. We need to remind ourselves everyday that we are just as precious, but just as dirty as the next person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, really really good words:) thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! :)